Date Added: 9 October 2020
: 19 November 2020
Job Title: Researcher – Access to Energy
Working For: IIED, a client of Webrecruit
Salary: £31,433 - £34,589 per annum depending on skills and experience
IIED is a policy and action research organisation. We promote sustainable development to improve livelihoods and protect the environments on which these livelihoods are built. We specialise in linking local priorities to global challenges.
As a Researcher, you will support the delivery of a range of research projects and partnerships on energy key themes, such as but not limited to: people-centred and resilient energy services, innovative financing for decentralised energy, productive uses of energy to improve local livelihoods and more inclusive policymaking on energy.
This role will cover a range of sub-topics such as: energy and economic development, designing energy services for impact, gender, marginalised groups and inclusion, market-based approaches to off-grid energy, policy and regulatory reform, and climate change and energy access in the Least Developed Countries.
- A solid research background, evidenced by a track record of growing publications in your own field
- In-country programme or research experience
- Experience of co-ordinating research, including from a distance
- An understanding of the debates, processes, actors and institutions linked to decentralised renewable energy in developing country contexts. Relevant associated topics including energy planning and policy reform, financing energy access, productive uses of energy, and market approaches
- The ability to grow your network of contacts in your own field
- Excellent English communication skills, including the ability to convey complex messages in a clear, concise and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline or significant relevant in-country professional work experience
Other organisations may call this role Energy Access Researcher, Climate and Energy Researcher, Programme Officer, or Programme Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 19 November 2020
Please click the following link to apply: