Date Added: 13 October 2020
: 21 October 2020
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: George Freeman MP (Mid Norfolk)
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Salary: £20,000 (in accordance with IPSA pay scales)
George Freeman MP is looking for a positive, enthusiastic, people person to join his team. Based in his Mid Norfolk constituency office, the role offers the opportunity to be on the frontline of big local and national politics at a historic time in our nation’s history.
Responsibilities will include:
• Being the first port of call for constituents, answering phones and managing MP’s main parliamentary inbox
• Administrative tasks including opening post, updating databases, maintaining filing and systems – and supporting the Office Manager’s work
• Liaising and building rapports with local councillors/figures
• Dealing with enquiries from members of the public and assisting the Senior Caseworker with surgeries, as well as the handling of with some casework and policy enquiries
• Drafting, logging and sending responses to constituents
• Identifying trends within correspondence and react accordingly
• Preparing briefings
• Assisting George and the team’s work on local campaigns
• Assist with social media
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
• Must be a positive, enthusiastic, people person
• Be highly organised and have a strong attention to detail
• Be adept at handling calls and correspondence from a wide variety of people and organisations.
• Have excellent written communication skills
• Be highly self-motivated and able to prioritise and manage a mix of long and short term, high and low priority tasks and work unsupervised in support of George’s aims.
• A strong team player but also able to work unsupervised
• Keep adequate records in line with agreed office systems
• Be interested in current affairs, public life, politics and the workings of Parliament, and be sympathetic to George’s political mission.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 October 2020
Interviews will be organised shortly after the closing date. Interviews will be conducted over online conference call, at least in the first instance, with any future conversations taking place in Covid-compliant circumstances.
Start Date: Late November/December 2020
Please send a one page covering letter and CV (no longer than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Administrative Officer application’.