Date Added: 13 October 2020
: 31 October 2020
Job Title: Junior Communications and Media Officer
Working For: The Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP (Bournemouth East)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
The Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP (Chair of the Defence Select Committee and MP for Bournemouth East) has a vacancy for a full-time Parliamentary staff member to join his team in his busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will help design and create video content for social media and provide administrative support to Tobias in his Parliamentary and constituency business. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating content for social media including graphics and videos in a timely manner.
• Providing members of the public with information, advice and support over the telephone and in writing.
• Responding to constituent queries, especially - though not exclusively - on issues of Government policy.
• Ensuring that accurate records are kept and updated with deadlines for future action.
• Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to Data Protection Act principles at all times.
• Opening and despatching mail.
• Updating member of developments in local and national media.
• Other administrative tasks assigned by the Office Manager.
• Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of Tobias' office.
• Competency with Adobe video and photo editing software.
• Understanding/interest of the wider UK security issues.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Motivation to provide high quality service to constituents.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Outlook).
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 October 2020
Interviews may be held before the closing date if the right applicant is found.
Applicants are required to submit a video that would be suitable for Tobias’ social media along with CV and a short covering letter. This task is designed to showcase your abilities using editing software however the applicant must ensure the content should be relevant to Tobias’ work in Westminster. If you have any questions regarding the task, please direct them to the email address below.
Please email your CV, covering letter and video to email@example.com. please also Include your current notice period in the body of your email.