Date Added: 13 October 2020
: 23 October 2020
Job Title: Chief of Staff/Office Manager
Working For: Mark Logan MP (Bolton North East)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mark Logan, Member of Parliament for Bolton North East, is seeking a Chief of Staff to lead his Bolton and Westminster offices.
This demanding role will involve senior stakeholder engagement in Bolton and nationally. And is ideal for someone driven to make real impact for the people of Bolton North East.
You will need to be comfortable driving your own initiatives, resolving complex issues, and adaptable to changing priorities. You will be required to lead the team and you will excel in helping set the agenda for policy priorities, casework handling system, as well as spearheading campaigns.
• Liaise with stakeholders including at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the MP’s behalf
• Drive delivery of campaigns
• Oversee direction and progress of parliamentary research and constituency casework
• Management of complex cases
• Lead and maintain a highly professional administrative support function for the MP’s office
• Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
• Overall management of the MP's diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
• Plan the MP's internal communications and external stakeholder engagement and provide strategic advice on constituent matters on behalf of the MP
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
• Provide high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP
• Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the MP informed of all relevant financial matters and liaising with IPSA
• Manage all IPSA claims and expenses on behalf of the MP and office
• Support and manage the recruitment of staff for the MP’s office
• Take ownership of certain casework
• There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours
• Excellent people management skills
• A genuine interest in helping constituents
• High standard of written communication, and strong IT skills
• Well organised with ability to manage own workload and deliver to tight timescales
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Strong current affairs acumen
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 October 2020
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with the successful candidate in post ASAP. Due to the senior nature of this role, applicants with previous senior parliamentary or within fastmoving corporate or civil service environment are preferred.
Applicants should submit a CV (no more than two sides) and a cover letter (no more than one side) detailing why “I (applicant) can help lead the change for Bolton North East” to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will likely only respond to applicants we intend to interview.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.