Date Added: 13 October 2020
: 28 October 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Caseworker
Working For: Seema Malhotra MP (Feltham and Heston)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and dependent on experience
Feltham and Heston MP Seema Malhotra is seeking an experienced case-worker to join her constituency team, working alongside the Senior Caseworker. The position is expected to be full time but a part time role of 3-4 days a week could be considered for an experienced caseworker. The role will require working in the constituency and in Parliament during normal circumstances. Occasional weekend surgery support may be required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with standard casework queries and correspondence from constituents
- Managing local casework related campaigns e.g. reopening of Feltham Post Office
- Working independently to progress cases
- Draft responses to constituents, government ministers, public bodies and stakeholders on behalf of the Member
- Manage surgeries, constituency surveys and press releases, coffee mornings, visits and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with daily written and telephone enquiries from members of the public and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate to the Member
- Experience of casework is essential, preferably at least 2-3 years’ experience including benefits and immigration cases and of working with diverse communities
- A team player able to work well with the rest of the office
- Ability to manage interns and volunteers
- Ability to handle complex cases and manage project work
- Proficient in IT – experience using Caseworker.mp
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including with the MP and external stakeholders
- Good problem-solving skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 October 2020
Closing Time: 17:00
Interview date: Thursday 5th or Friday 6th November (by Zoom)
Start date: As soon as possible, to be arranged with the successful candidate.
Please note - the successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, setting out why you believe that you are a suitable candidate for the role. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Application: Oct 2020 Caseworker Position’ in the subject line.