Date Added: 13 October 2020
: 30 October 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Natalie Elphicke MP (Dover)
Location: Walmer, Kent (currently remote due to Covid-19)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA guidelines
Natalie Elphicke OBE MP is looking to hire a Caseworker to be part of her team for Dover and Deal. The role will be based in the constituency; however, all staff are currently working remotely.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Ideally experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Strong IT skills and the ability to use casework management software (training will be provided)
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or – in due course - face to face
• Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
• Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, housing associations and others to resolve constituency matters
• Drafting responses to a wide range of policy correspondence from constituents
37.5 hours per week; however, part-time/ family friendly / flexible hours requests also considered sympathetically. Please state your preference as part of your application.
Although not a political appointment, candidates should have an overall sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 9th November.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role please contact us on this email address.