Date Added: 15 October 2020
: 30 October 2020
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Natalie Elphicke MP (Dover)
Location: Walmer, Kent (currently remote due to Covid-19)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA guidelines
Natalie Elphicke OBE MP is looking to hire a Senior Caseworker to be part of her team for Dover and Deal. The role will be based in the constituency; however, all staff are currently working remotely.
As part of a team, the successful candidate will ensure that casework is progressed appropriately on behalf of the Member and will offer advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues. The successful applicant must possess the ability and motivation to respond to a large and varied workload and also be confident in supervising junior members of staff.
• Report to the Office Manager and supervise Caseworkers in liaising with constituents, Government and local agencies
• Supervising the casework team to ensure that casework and constituency projects are recorded and progressed appropriately on behalf of the MP
• Deal with casework queries from members of the public
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure identified actions are take
• Ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and aware of trends
• Previous experience of casework, ideally for an MP, as well as substantial experience working and dealing with the public is essential
• Knowledge of Government departments and their functions is desirable
• Clear and concise writing style and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
• Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure
• Experience using Caseworker.mp software is preferred
• An awareness of the functions of an MP’s office
Although not a political appointment, candidates should have an overall sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
37.5 hours per week; however, part-time/ family friendly / flexible hours requests also considered sympathetically. Please state your preference as part of your application.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 9th November.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role please contact us on this email address.