Date Added: 15 October 2020
: 21 October 2020
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Officer
Working For: a client of Ellwood Atfield
Our client is one of the UK’s leading associations in the property sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the heart of our client’s public affairs team to develop and deliver their strategic objectives.
- Provide briefings, speeches and presentations to senior management where required, and undertake any desktop research required to support these.
- Take responsibility for monitoring, horizon scanning and identifying policy developments which relate to the organisation’s objectives and updating senior staff and the policy and public affairs team on intelligence as appropriate.
- Build productive working relationships and ensure regular communication with alliances, trade associations, strategic partners, civil society, private sector, public and third parties to establish consensus groups.
- Work with policy and campaigns colleagues to agree policy objectives and key messaging.
- Develop and implement activity plans to achieve objectives through lobbying and stakeholder engagement and ensure these are aligned with other relevant work (e.g. campaigns).
Key skills and experience required
- A good understanding of UK political parties, parliamentary processes, policy development and legislative process, UK Government, trade associations
- Understanding of the role of national and local governments
- Experience of working with and influencing policymakers, politicians and stakeholders
- Flexible, with demonstrable ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of line management (desirable).
More information about this vacancy can be found on our website: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/senior-public-affairs-officer-az-2010-7531/
Closing Date: 21 October 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing 26th October and the successful candidate will start as soon as their notice period allows.
For more information and to apply for this role, please upload a copy of your CV via our website by visiting this link: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/senior-public-affairs-officer-az-2010-7531/
We will endeavour to acknowlegde all applications.