Date Added: 15 October 2020
: 8 November 2020
Job Title: Digital Media Officer for the SNP Westminster Group
Working For: Scottish National Party
Salary: Based on experience and in line with the pay scale for Digital Media Officer (£26,646 to £35,173).
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Digital Media Officer, to be based in London with home working. Based in Westminster, the Digital Media Officer will be operating in a fast-paced political environment at the heart of the SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in promoting the work of SNP MPs through digital media channels.
You will work with MPs, their offices and the SNP’s communications teams in London and Edinburgh to produce engaging content for our social media platforms, write and edit content for publication on our website, and demonstrate sound political and online community judgment.
You will act as a key digital contact, liaising with internal teams and external partners. You will be involved in identifying and analysing appropriate data and trends around our digital content; creating insights from them and feeding those into the development of our overall digital strategy. You will develop creative and engaging ways to present the aims and achievements of the SNP Group and help in maintaining the high levels of engagement of our online audiences.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate expertise in social media and experience of working with large social media accounts, including the opportunities and risks of social media in a political context
- Understanding and experience of using online media to communicate key messages and reach target audiences
- Experience of working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Affects) to create suitable and engaging content for multiple digital platforms
- Ability to work quickly and respond to developing events in short deadlines and solve problems under pressure
- Strong editorial judgement and attention to detail, including strong writing and proofreading skills, particularly in short form writing/social media posts
- Ability to plan and organise your time and resources effectively
- Ability to work well within a small team and independently, and to respond flexibly and creatively to a range of requests
- Willingness to work flexible hours in line with the parliamentary timetable, some weekend and evening work may be required
- Applicants must have a firm knowledge of current Scottish politics at all levels, the UK Parliamentary system and the SNP’s role at Westminster
Closing Date: 8 November 2020
Applicants should complete and send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 (GMT) on the closing date. Download the Application Form from the SNP's website here: https://www.snp.org/jobs/digital-media-officer-for-the-snp-westminster-group/
Applicants should put “Digital Media Officer” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.