We are seeking a Political Adviser within the Conservative Research Department. This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical individual with excellent political judgement and strong attention to detail
• Producing political briefings.
• Researching political stories.
• Analysing political activity and producing meaningful, relevant material in response.
• Liaising with and supporting other Political Advisers and Special Advisers.
• Providing general political output.
Your professional experience:
• Good political judgement.
• Attention to detail.
• Fluent and clear written style.
• Good communication skills.
• Research and analytical skills.
• The ability to work independently to produce material of a political nature.
• A strong academic background.
• A good grasp of current public policy issues.
• A commitment to the Conservative Party, its aims, and its values.
Being a Manager at The Conservative Party
Increasing our vote: We know you are committed to the Conservative Party and our vision. You translate this into a 1 – 2-year plan for your area, making that plan clear to your team. You then take the responsibility to translate vision and strategy into reality. You are prepared to get involved in things outside of your remit. You work across teams to deliver broad and complex changes.
Taking people with you: You cannot do your job alone. You constantly need to engage people and influence others. Whether they are members of your team, peers, directors or external parties, you build strong reciprocal relationships. Others look to you for how to behave and your actions affect the day-to-day experience of the majority of people who work for, or interact with,CCHQ.
Living the values: Our values underpin everything we do. Adhering to them, while being true to yourself, means that people will see our values in action.