Date Added: 17 October 2020
: 23 October 2020
Job Title: Local Campaign Paid Organiser
Working For: Watford Liberal Democrats
Location: Internet and Watford
Salary: £12.50 per hour, 8 hours per week
Watford Liberal Democrats are looking to recruit an experienced Campaign Organiser to support our local party campaigning. You will be joining our team at an important time as we head into the Local Election campaign for May 2021. As organiser you will play a vital role in supporting and activating the election campaign and being a critical success factor in winning.
The purpose of the job is to plan, conduct and project manage campaigning for the Watford Liberal Democrats. The post holder will report to the Chair of the Watford Liberal Democrats and the Chair of the Campaigns Team as required.
The responsibilities are as follows:
• To develop and improve campaign capabilities in councillors, candidates and campaigners, with a particular focus on digital and phone campaigning;
• To deliver training sessions in order to develop and update skills;
• To work with the Campaigns Chair and the Campaigns Committee, document and disseminate plans and information to councillors, candidates and campaigners;
• To assist with the delivery of campaign plans, particularly supporting ward teams with their planning and preparation of data;
• To assist the Campaigns Chair with mail merges for letter printing;
• To recruit, organise and manage campaign volunteers;
• To advise the Chair on priorities to support the smooth running of the local party;
• To undertake such other duties as the Chair and Campaigns Chair may require to further effective communication, campaigning and organisation in the constituency.
Skills and experience required:
• Sympathy with Liberal Democrat values and a desire to promote the party;
• Previous experience in a campaigning role, and in working with councillors and volunteers.
• Strategic and tactical political judgment - Ability to identify issues, good understanding of social media, online campaigning and telephone campaigning;
• Strong communication and people management skills:
• Technical skills - Strong knowledge of Connect, Nationbuilder, Lighthouse and MS Office, Website and social media management capabilities (particularly Facebook)
• Personal qualities - Self-starter, Ability to maintain focus under pressure and meet deadlines, Team player, Degree level or equivalent education/ experience.
Closing Date: 23 October 2020
Interviews to take place over videoconference technology as and when candidates apply.
Start date ASAP
Applicants should send a CV, and a short cover letter (no more than one page A4) to email@example.com