Date Added: 23 October 2020
: 30 November 2020
Job Title: UK Policy & Campaigns Manager
Working For: TransferWise
Salary: £35,000 -£50,000
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace.
To help us achieve our mission, we’re looking for a Policy & Campaigns Officer to join our London team based in Shoreditch, working on government relations for the UK. You’ll work closely with the rest of our small but mighty global public policy team and report to our Global Head of Government Relations.
You’ll be in and out of Whitehall & Parliament, and work alongside colleagues in product, legal, compliance, banking, PR and marketing to deliver low-cost, transparent and instant payments to our UK customers.
You’ll navigate complex financial policy and manage our UK industry bodies to keep the Government Relations and product teams up to date with the essential UK developments. You’ll develop impactful strategies to achieve our objectives in the UK, establish collaborative relationships with key policymakers and influencers, and continually identify policy outcomes that benefit our customers.
A bit about you
- Passion and Advocacy: You’ll be a highly skilled and compelling advocate, that is totally passionate about the TransferWise mission.
- Policy Experience: Ideally you will have worked in payments policy or at least retail financial services, but if you haven’t you’ll be quick to bring yourself up to speed to this complex policy during the interview process. From the start you’ll be able to cut through to impactful, consumer-driven outcomes. You have experience of working in the civil service, Parliament, a regulator, an industry body, and/or an consultancy.
- Outcomes Matter: We’re a scale-up and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive. You’ll be passionate about delivering change and improvements to UK consumers and businesses.
- Communication: You’ll be a versatile and highly skilled writer even on complicated issues: from tweets to blogs to consultation responses to parliamentary questions, you are confident and compelling with all styles.
- Without Borders: You’re curious about other cultures, have a global policy mindset, and though the role is UK based you are prepared to spend some time abroad for work.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
Please apply here: https://www.transferwise.jobs/role/2382000-policy-and-campaigns-manager-uk/