Date Added: 27 October 2020
: 22 November 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Advisor (Wales)
Working For: The Marine Conservation Society
Charity Number: .
Salary: £26,000 to £31,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Full time, 6 month fixed term/secondments welcomed
The Marine Conservation Society fights for the future of our ocean through people-powered action – with science on our side.
We need to stop taking too much out of our sea and we need to stop putting too much in. We need your expertise as a Public Affairs Advisor to make our voice heard in Wales, among the people who can have a hand on turning the tide of this ocean and coastal crisis.
Our reach is broad, which makes for an ambitious and challenging remit – being our advocate in the Senedd will be inspiring and rewarding. You’ll be spending some time in Cardiff and will have regular contact with our team members in the other Administrations.
Day-to-day – your role:
- Develop and implement our parliamentary plans which support the delivery of the MCS strategy, and as an engaging and influential communicator, you will lead on promoting our conservation messages to parliamentarians and political and industry stakeholders.
- Provide timely and insightful guidance to our teams on the current and emerging political landscape, advising on the most effective tools and communications strategies to ensure maximum influence.
- Act as a champion for our policies to Government, industry and user groups - responding to consultations and representing MCS on national and international forums in partnership with other NGOs, government bodies and stakeholder user groups.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable evidence of partnership working, advocacy and policy, with evidence of influencing Government or party positions. Preferably with an understanding of marine/environmental policy, issues and the organisations within this field.
- Advanced understanding of identifying and capitalising on opportunities to engage with parliamentary processes and policy development.
- Ability to prepare presentations, briefings and impactful materials from complex information in a compelling and credible way to political audiences.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 22 November 2020