Date Added: 27 October 2020
: 1 December 2020
Job Title: Senior Caseworker and Deputy Officer Manager +REMOVED
Working For: Alan Mak MP (Havant)
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Alan Mak MP is seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to take on the role of Senior Caseworker based in his Constituency Office.
The successful candidate would be pro-active, with strong communication, IT, and organisational skills. The role also requires a flexible attitude and the ability to manage constituency casework and correspondence.
The Senior Caseworker would also be expected to progress major constituency campaigns and deputise for the Office Manager.
Previous experience in a similar role is strongly preferred.
Duties could include:
• Corresponding with constituents on casework matters;
• Dealing with a variety of both national policy enquiries and individual casework issues;
• Supporting on constituency and Westminster projects;
• Providing briefings on constituency and casework matters;
• Managing a portfolio of casework and updating constituent database;
• Developing and progressing major constituency campaigns;
• Deputising for the Office Manager as and when required;
Skills and Values:
• Strong communication and organisational skills, and able to take the initiative;
• Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player, with the ability to work to tight deadlines;
• Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office and internet research);
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure;
• Ability to use casework management software;
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 December 2020
We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is identified.
Please send a CV and covering letter, including your current and expected salary, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Senior Caseworker” in your subject line. You should also include three examples of written work (eg letter, blog, article) from the last 12 months.
Due to the large volume of applications we will be unable to provide individual feedback, and will only contact those invited to interview.
REMOVED- 24/11/2020- This role has now been filled. Please do not apply for this role.