Date Added: 2 November 2020
: 13 December 2020
Job Title: Associate Director for Telecoms and BSG
Working For: techUK
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 based on experience
We are looking for an inspirational and self-motivated individual, who is comfortable leading several projects, has a strong understanding of UK's policy and regulatory approach to telecoms.
As Associate Director for Telecoms and Broadband Stakeholder Group you would oversee all strands of techUK’s offerings in this area. This includes techUK’s telecoms programme, the Spectrum Policy Forum (SPF) and the Broadband Stakeholder Group (BSG).
You will be working work in these three areas to develop crisp policy, regulatory and market development proposals to help drive the UK’s telecoms market and deliver world-class connectivity
You will be at the heart of key debates between Government, Regulators and the increasingly diverse vertical industries with an interest in telecoms, as well as techUK’s external voice on telecoms issues.
You would be responsible for financial targets in these areas as well as line management responsibility for a team of four; the Head of Spectrum Policy Forum, techUK’s Telecoms’ Programme Manager, the BSG’s Programme Manager and a shared Team Assistant. You would report into the Director of Markets and be a key part of techUK’s senior management layer.
The position requires the ability to work with a large and diverse selection of external stakeholders, manage work spanning the full range of broadband policy issues, undertake and commission analysis of complex issues coupled with the ability to communicate and promote this analysis clearly and effectively to a broad audience.
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable leading several projects;
- An effective mentor and manager of high-performing teams;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good at building relationships;
- Commercially-minded with an ability to convey techUK’s value proposition to members and sponsors
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- A strong understanding of the UK’s policy and regulatory approach to telecoms;
- In-depth knowledge of public policy and public affairs;
- Experience of managing projects and external consultants; and
- A proven track record and experience of building and managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including at the C-suite level.
Closing Date: 13 December 2020
A full job description can be found on our website. We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a short cover letter (max 500 words) outlining your interest in this role along with your salary expectations to email@example.com