Date Added: 2 November 2020
: 22 November 2020
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Working For: Beacon Collaborative
Salary: £26,000 per annum
The Beacon Collaborative is looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. The post is vital to the work of Beacon over the coming 6 months.
The role involves a mix of communications work, managing relationships with stakeholders and influencers, and administrative work, such as:
● Implementing Beacon’s communication strategy and actively supporting its continued development.
● Preparing news updates, blogs, interviews, podcasts, social media and website management in line with SEO best practices.
● Making sure all communications are adequate and responsive to our network of philanthropists, funders, senior executives and policymakers.
● Building an active network of philanthropists to support Beacon’s goals, and who want to promote and celebrate the best practice of philanthropy and social investment.
● Supporting our board and councils, liaising with project teams and updating shared document stores.
Roles and responsibilities
● All internal and external communications including writing news updates, blogs, presentations, press releases.
● Managing an active social media presence - primarily on Twitter and LinkedIn
● Creating content and uploading to the new website. WordPress and SEO knowledge is an advantage.
● Keeping abreast of news in the philanthropy sector and tailoring content with it in mind.
● Managing a database of supporters through Salesforce.
● Developing relationships with philanthropists and stakeholders who wish to contribute communications - including case studies and blog posts.
● Monitoring and managing a closed community discussion forum.
● Some administrative duties including arranging meetings and preparing agendas and minutes.
● Conducting interviews with senior stakeholders and influencers.
● Managing logistics for events, including developing agendas, sourcing moderators and writing up findings.
● Delivering an external communications and content plan.
● Maximising coverage across key media outlets, appropriate to each target audience, and responding to calls from the media.
● Optimising communications using tools such as Google Analytics.
●● Develop positive working relationships with partner organisations.
● Undertaking any other duties within competence as required by the Programme Manager.
Closing Date: 22 November 2020
Interviews will be carried out when suitable applications are received.
Start date is 26 nov or as soon as possible after that - flexible for the right candidate
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com