Date Added: 2 November 2020
: 22 November 2020
Job Title: Elections Assistant - Devolved Parliaments Focus
Working For: Democracy Club
Location: Internet - focused on Scotland/Wales
Salary: £20,000 FTE
Democracy Club is a non-partisan community interest company which builds online voter information tools for UK elections. We’re a small, distributed team who work openly; our partners include The Electoral Commission, local authorities, and a wide range of media companies and similar organisations.
We’re seeking a fixed-term Elections Assistant to help with the administration and dissemination of our voter information tools for the 2021 UK elections. Although this role will touch upon all regions of the UK, it will involve a specific focus on the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Parliament/Senedd Cymru.
This non-technical role would suit someone with an enthusiasm for democracy and democratic participation, and a commitment to getting the details right. We don’t have an ideal candidate in mind and are happy to modify the role to suit individual interests/specialisms, so if you think this sounds like your sort of thing please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Help us partner with every local authority to obtain data for our polling station finder, WhereDoIVote.co.uk.
- Contribute to, manage, and monitor our candidates database, and help develop voter information resources to be displayed on our popular candidate look-up site, WhoCanIVoteFor.co.uk.
- Proactively seek out potential partners and data re-users: local journalists and newspapers; universities; community organisations
- Build awareness of Democracy Club and its services, especially across Wales/Scotland
- Contribute to Democracy Club’s wider elections output and partnership work.
- Good understanding of UK politics, especially the electoral systems and structure of local/devolved government
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Organised with a good attention to detail (we use a lot of spreadsheets!)
- Fast and adaptable learner, especially when it comes to using new software
- Comfortable working independently and taking initiative to push projects forward
- Thoroughly non-partisan - must not be a member of a political party, have stood for or held elected office in the UK, or been involved in any partisan political campaign during the last two years
- Experience of Scottish/Welsh third sector or government
Closing Date: 22 November 2020
We intend to conduct interviews during early December.
For more information and to apply: https://apply.workable.com/democracy-club/j/12DACA8D98/