Date Added: 4 November 2020
: 23 November 2020
Job Title: Constituency Communications Manager
Working For: Maria Eagle MP (Garston and Halewood)
Maria Eagle MP is looking for a motivated and experienced communications and research professional to provide support to her in her constituency office,
Tasks will include:
- Arranging all of the MP's programme of constituency activities including public meetings and events as required
- Liaising with a wide range of constituents, organisations, individuals and media
- Analysing and interpreting data to ensure accurate information and briefing is available
- Constituency based research as required
- Working with Maria on Constituency initiatives
- Manage projects
- Provide briefings for the MP
You will need to be:
- Creative, hard-working, well organised, highly committed to helping people
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Able to work to multiple priorities whilst meeting strict deadlines
- A good understanding of public discourse and news values• Excellent written and spoken communications
- Excellent IT and social media skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work with others
- Enthusiasm and dedication
Out of hours working will be required including evenings and weekends on a regular basis as necessary. A full UK driving license and car is desirable.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 November 2020
Interviews will be held virtually w/c 30th November The start date for the successful candidate will be as soon as possible thereafter.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you fit the requirements of the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regrettably, it will not be possible to respond to each applicant – if you have not heard back by 6pm on 27th November 2020 you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.