About Development Initiatives (DI)
Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We are seeking a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor to join us for a 12 month, fixed term contract.
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days’ holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days’ paid leave for charitable work (volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people)
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
As a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor, you will work across our portfolio focusing on crisis financing to improve policy and practice for people affected by crises.
You will aim to provide clear, objective evidence on crisis-related funding and programmes, enabling DI to engage internationally with decision makers and responders at all levels to ensure that during a crisis, no-one is left behind.
To be considered as a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience in development, humanitarian or international relations policy development, engagement and research and/or analysis
- Strong engagement and networking experience, with a wide range of contacts and proven experience of managing relations with and/or influencing a range of stakeholder groups including governments, multilateral organisations, regional organisations, CSOs, politicians, the media and the private sector
Other organisations may call this role Senior Policy Advisor, Humanitarian Advisor, Humanitarian Policy Advisor, Policy Engagement Advisor, Policy Researcher, or Policy Analyst.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.