Date Added: 5 November 2020
: 29 November 2020
Job Title: Business Development Researcher
Working For: Altermind
Salary: £10.75ph - London Living Wage
Altermind is a boutique strategy consultancy. We bring the worlds of business know-how and academia together to help companies and society prosper.
Our clients choose us because we help them make real time decisions based on class-leading analysis. They have confidence in approach – combining business know-how and academic rigour.
We are looking for someone to carry out market and policy research for business develpment for about 25-30 hours/week.
The Key Responsibilities are:
- Researching markets, sectors, and companies as required by the team but with a particular emphasis on UK-based businesses
- Carrying out detailed data analysis in support of business development opportunities
- Horizon scanning for important developments and/or opportunities in the UK
- Preparing and writing memos, briefings, slide decks and oral presentations
- Delivering support in these and other areas as required in a timely, professional and helpful manner.
You would enjoy joining our team if you:
- Enjoy problem-solving in the real world
- Have a growth mindset and want to learn
- Are interested in how business works and how to make it better
- Like a challenge
We are looking for someone who:
- Has first class research and analytical skills including of financial data
- Can write concise, clear and compelling research documents, memos and slide decks
- Is a proficient user of all office software tools
- Is rigorous and shows great attention to detail
- Has a strong work ethic and is happy to take the initiative
- Enjoys working in a team but is capable of self-direction
- Has an academic background (at least BA) and/or training and experience in business, finance, strategy consulting, research, economics or law.
- This is a paid, part-time role based at our London Office (or remotely if Covid-19 restrictions require it), to start asap.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
Closing Date: 29 November 2020
Interviews will be week beginning 30 November. Start date is asap.
Please send a covering letter and cv and a writing sample of no longer than two pages to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further queries please contact us using the above email. Many thanks.