Date Added: 5 November 2020
: 27 November 2020
Job Title: Head of Policy and Campaigns
Working For: Gingerbread
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced policy and research expert to join the senior management of a charity known for its robust research and influencing work,and lead a team who play a crucial role in helping us to improve the lives of single parents.
Overall Purpose of the Post
The Head of Policy & Campaigns is a member of the organisation’s senior management team, leading our work to change policy and practice through evidence-based research and influencing activity. The successful candidate will play a crucial part in helping Gingerbread achieve its mission, working towards a world where single parent families are valued and have the opportunity to thrive.
You will have overall responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing a robust strategy to maximise influence on policies and practices that impact the lives of single parent families
- Exploring and implementing innovative new ways to influence policy and practice, including thinking beyond Westminster to other actors or mechanisms to secure change for single parent families
- Building strong relationships with external stakeholders including government ministers and civil servants, political parties, corporate and public sector partners, other charities and donors
- Managing, motivating and developing the policy and research team to deliver against our goals
- Working with colleagues to secure funding for the organisation’s policy and research activity
You will have demonstrable experience of leading successful projects that change policy and practice through evidence-based research and influencing activity. With strong research and project management skills, you will be confident in developing, overseeing and quality-assuring a programme of practical research.
You will take a collaborative approach to your work, with experience of building relationships with funders, partners and sector peers. You will also be an innovator, with an eye for opportunities to influence policy and practice in different ways – looking beyond Westminster to other audiences and tactics that will improve the lives of single parents.
Closing Date: 27 November 2020
Interviews will be conducted at the end of November
Please go to our website for the full job specification and the application form: https://www.gingerbread.org.uk/what-we-do/jobs/head-of-policy-and-campaigns/