Date Added: 11 November 2020
: 27 November 2020
Job Title: Borough Organiser
Working For: Hillingdon Labour Group
Salary: £27,000-30,000 (includes London weighting)
The Borough Organiser will be responsible for ensuring effective campaign organisation within Hillingdon for local and London elections.
• Work with Hillingdon Labour Group, the local Labour Party and other key stakeholders to motivate and organise the Labour Party members in Hillingdon, in preparation for the May 2022 mayoral and councillor elections
• Support creation and development of the Local election campaign strategy
• Lead, plan and organise campaigning activity as determined by the Hillingdon Labour Group.
• Identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to campaign leaders and members on organising and campaigning
• Work with candidates, representatives and the local party to execute campaign plans
• Provide training to members on the Party’s campaign tools
• Develop local fundraising and fundraising schemes to ensure the local party has adequate funding to organise, campaign and contest elections
• Provide regular reports on the level of all campaign organisation and activity to Hillingdon Labour Group
• Monitor and ensure compliance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and confident self-starter, who can motivate and engage members, candidates and volunteers with the following knowledge, experience and skills:
• An understanding of the Labour Party organisation
• Experience of leading and being involved in successful campaigns
• Experience of successful fundraising including organising fundraising events
• Able to use own initiative and work with minimal day-to-day oversight
• A team player, with the ability to lead, organise and work with a wide range of people at different levels, including volunteers
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form, with experience of designing and producing campaign materials
• Excellent organisational skills, with experience of running training, recruitment, retention and/or similar activities
• Highly competent in use of Microsoft Office products with an aptitude for IT applications relevant to campaigning
• Organising an election campaign
• Working in a political environment
• Experience of being an election agent
Closing Date: 27 November 2020
Please submit applications before 5pm on the closing date.
Virtual interviews will be the week commencing 7th December.
We hope the successful applicant will begin on 11th January 2021.
Please note: This position is fixed-term until June 2022.
To apply for this job, please email a CV and covering letter (which should be no more than two pages) to Cllr Stuart Mathers firstname.lastname@example.org