Date Added: 13 November 2020
: 23 December 2020
Job Title: Research Associate - International Systemic Change
Working For: Justice & Care, a client of Webrecruit
Justice & Care is an anti-slavery organisation working internationally to address slavery and human trafficking, provide release and care for victims, dismantle criminal networks and bring perpetrators to justice.
Justice & Care’s International Systemic Change Unit (ISCU) specialises in the development of robust research and analysis to inform operational practice, sectoral learning and policy making.
The purpose of the role is to:
- identify, analyse and synthesise existing evidence
- conduct original research and analysis that advances knowledge and promotes greater impact
- initiate formative pilot testing of promising programs
- generate collaborative learning and policy ideas that drive systemic change
This role will report to the International Systemic Change Unit Director and is offered on a fixed-term 12 month contract, either full or part-time depending upon the circumstances of the successful candidate.
Successful Candidate Requirements
- PhD or equivalent professional experience in international development, economics, public policy or another relevant social science
- Excellent quantitative skills and understanding of social science research methodologies, sampling and statistical analysis
- Experience of drafting complex reports/policy proposals with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with working collaboratively across teams, institutions or organisations to achieve specific outcomes
- A strong academic record with experience of writing and presenting to academic and non-academic audiences
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effective project and time management skills, including timely recording and reporting and the ability to prioritise multiple conflicting tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of standard software and data analysis packages
Closing Date: 23 December 2020
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
To apply for this role, please enter the link below into your browser and include your full CV and a covering letter of no more than 1,500 words setting out your suitability for and interest in this post.