Apolitical is an award-winning learning network for government. Our mission is to help governments solve the world’s hardest challenges. Our platform is used by policymakers in 170 countries, from mayors and ministers to millennial digital innovators.
We are looking for a highly motivated intern to join the Growth Team at Apolitical, and to help us grow the Apolitical platform. The role will be for 15 hours per week, with the option to add additional hours. The role will be remote, with working hours expected to align with UK working hours. This role is for an initial 3 months, with the option to turn this into a rolling contract.
Our team is highly collaborative, creative, fast-moving, and supportive. In addition to providing free online training for our existing members and coming up with creative ways to get new members to join Apolitical, we are also responsible for communicating with our community via email and social media.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for Apolitical’s social media presence, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You’ll also help with our email communications to our members. You’ll have the chance to communicate with prominent public servants and devise new creative strategies to help public servants learn new skills.
We’re looking for someone who is highly attentive to detail, creative, organised, and logical in thinking. Experience working on social media and driving engagement is desirable, as is experience working in a communications or marketing role, but it is not required.
Your key activities will involve:
- Posting to social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Segmenting our user base for email outreach
- Assisting with speaker outreach for upcoming workshops
- Creating learning resources for email boot camps, e.g. worksheets and interactive quizzes
Things we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Logical thinking
- Experience working on social media and driving engagement (desirable, not required)
- Experience working in a communications or marketing role (desirable, not required)