Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. We are a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival.
We are looking for a Data, Evidence and Policy Manager to join our team in Harrogate on a 12 month contract.
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
As the Data, Evidence and Policy Manager, you will lead and manage the Data, Evidence and Policy Team.
Through the collection and analysis of cancer-related data, you will ensure your team are the cancer knowledge hub in the charity.
Your duties will include:
- Estimating and monitoring our impact and estimating the potential future impact achievable by the charity
- Supporting the development and delivery of our strategy
- Producing cancer-related policies and using these to influence internal and external stakeholders
- At least five years’ experience of working with health-related data (or national and local data for another disease area)
- At a minimum, three years’ experience of managing a team in a health data-related role
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Previous experience of estimating the impact of planned/proposed activity against strategic aims
- Proven experience of analysing and interpreting data and evidence from a range of sources in a way that derives actionable insights and tailoring these insights for different audiences
- Experience of policy development and influencing external stakeholders
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field (such as those covering policy development, cancer or other diseases, public health or data analysis)
Other organisations may call this role Data and Evidence Manager, Healthcare Data Manager, Healthcare Policy Manager, Insight and Analysis Manager, or Lead Data Insight Analyst.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.