Date Added: 15 November 2020
: 6 December 2020
Job Title: Senior Associate, UK Politics and Policy
Working For: Global Counsel
Charity Number: NA
Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate to join our London office to support our UK politics and policy practice on a 6-month basis.
The successful candidate will have at least three years’ relevant experience, either in the British political system, a similarly rigorous business advisory/consultancy or think tank, and/or experience of working in a Government Relations team. You will need an appetite for developing knowledge, networks, and skills in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment.
Role and responsibilities
- Research and draft analytical reports and presentations for clients.
- Help draw up rapid analysis of set-piece political events such as budgets and major policy announcements.
- Actively contribute to business development meetings and preparing GC colleagues for client presentations and conference speeches.
- Contribute to GC’s house view on relevant policy developments.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitch processes and proposing business development outreach campaigns.
- Participate in GC marketing campaigns that contribute to live policy debates, taking responsibility for helping to deliver events policymakers and writing content for the GC blog.
Skills and profile
- At least three years’ experience of providing strategic and evidence-based advice on public policy in government, consultancy or corporate environments. Experience of business, planning, transport and/or industrial policy is particularly welcome.
- Attention to detail and attentiveness to political and policy developments.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
This is a full-time, six month fixed-term contract role based in London but with a mix of remote working given the ongoing impact of covid-19 on office-based work. Salary and other benefits are competitive and dependent on experience.
Although this is a fixed-term contract, Global Counsel is a growing company and is open to discussing a permanent role upon the completion of the initial term with the right candidate.
Closing Date: 6 December 2020
Three stages: 1) first round interviews w/c 7 Dec; 2) written exercise; 3) final interview with panel.
Please submit your documents here https://globalcounsel.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=54d04f99-d72c-450d-b0ef-16f061bc5a2b
Questions can be directed at firstname.lastname@example.org