Date Added: 17 November 2020
: 2 December 2020
Job Title: Director Project Assistant
Working For: Social Mobility Commission
Salary: £15 per hour
We are looking for a project co-ordinator who will help us deliver and grow the work of the Social Mobility Commission. Working directly to the Director and Deputy Director of the Commission you will do a wide portfolio of projects that improve the reach of our message particularly with Parliamentarians and Employers.
The role will be an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in the broad scope of our policy engagement work. The post holder will have exposure to senior leaders in policy, politics and business and gain experience across policy, research, advocacy and campaigning.
The post holder would be a generalist who helps to support the core team in the delivery and growth of the Commission’s programmes. On any given day, you could be working across different, complex policy issues from the quality of the early year’s workforce, to diversity in the creative industries. The scope of the Commission’s work is broad.
In the short term the successful candidate will be likely to be given tasks that include project management of the Commission’s annual state of the nation report, coordinating webinars for politicians, designing events for key industry sectors in which the Commission is seeking to improve socio-economic diversity.
The post holder will:
- Work closely with the Director to give support on projects she needs to deliver
- Ensure the stakeholder database is kept updated and that relevant reports are produced as required
- Coordinate key stakeholder meetings on behalf of the Director/Chairs of the Commission and support in the production of briefing materials
- Develop content for Social Mobility Commission’s social media accounts
- The job will be a 6 months fixed term arrangement. We are open to home working but there may be times when attendance at the office is necessary. The hours of work are 37.5 hrs per week
- You are enthusiastic and quick to learn
- You will be driven and a self-starter, comfortable setting their own pace of work and managing their deadlines with only some supervision. You can form good relationships with a range of people
- You will be comfortable working with video conferencing technology and other forms of digital communication
- Above all, you have outstanding organisational and administrative skills
Closing Date: 2 December 2020
Interview dates: Interviews planned for 10th December 2020
Start dates: Early January 2021
To apply please submit a CV and give a response to the 4 Competency based questions below. For each answer please limit yourself to a 400 word response:
- Provide an example of a time when you have managed to juggle competing priorities?
- Give an example of developing and nurturing strong stakeholder relationships
- Describe a situation where you worked outside of the scope of your role
- Describe a time when you improved the way you work – perhaps found a way to do a task more efficiently.
Apply via: Contact@socialmobilitycommission.gov.uk