Date Added: 17 November 2020
: 30 November 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Philip Dunne MP (Ludlow) a client of Hive Support Ltd
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines for a Caseworker.
Rt Hon Philip Dunne MP is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Caseworker to be part of the team for Ludlow. Caseworkers are an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. Applicants should have or be able to develop swiftly an awareness of the constituency, experience of working in a public facing role & be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
- Familiarity with Caseworker system an advantage
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Logging cases on Caseworker system, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
- Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, housing associations and others to resolve constituency matters
- Developing and maintaining good up-to-date knowledge of upcoming Parliamentary business and its potential impact on the constituency.
Location: Based remotely, initially, and then Westminster, with opportunity for some home working
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
Interview Date: Interviews to take place w/c 14th December (a written exercise will be set prior to interview)
Start date: January
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, marked as ‘Parliamentary Caseworker for Rt Hon Philip Dunne MP’
Applications sent directly to the MP will not be considered.