Date Added: 17 November 2020
: 26 November 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Marsha de Cordova MP (Battersea)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Marsha de Cordova MP is seeking to appoint an experienced Researcher for her busy Westminster office to support her Parliamentary duties. This is a full time position.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly organised with excellent communication skills. A good understanding and knowledge of politics and how parliament works.
• Undertake complex policy research
• Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
• Develop and maintain good knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Monitor relevant Parliamentary activity legislation, motions, debates and questions
• Evaluate, Analyse and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues.
• Advise on policy issues and prepare briefings for meetings, committees, debates etc.
• Draft speeches, written and oral questions, press releases and quotes as appropriate.
• Monitor media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues
• Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
• Develop and maintain knowledge in specialist areas as required
• Progress casework and respond to routine correspondence and enquires as required
• Good knowledge and understanding of parliamentary business and processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills, good attention to detail and able to plan organise and prioritise workload and work towards tight deadlines.
• Excellent ICT skills, including MS Office and online social media platforms.
• Ability to work proactively and independently as well as part of a team.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 November 2020
Interviews will commence week beginning 30th November 2020.
Start date: December 2020
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter (max 2 sides) in MS Word format to Katy Wright at email@example.com