Date Added: 18 November 2020
: 4 December 2020
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Manager [National]
Working For: Network Rail
Salary: Rates – £364.44 – PAYE or £417.40 Ltd/Umbrella In Scope of IR35
We are looking for an experienced Senior Public Affairs Manager to join the national External Affairs team at Network Rail. This contract would be on a rolling basis, with an initial three-month contract, and three-month repeating extensions from there. As the Senior Public Affairs Manager you will develop and deliver public affairs strategies that are consistent and compliant with Network Rail’s overall corporate communications strategy. The role is based at our office in Euston, London, but during the Covid restrictions, the team is working remotely.
What you will do:
- Analyse and manage the development and delivery of strategies and activities in the public affairs that enable the delivery of the objectives contained in Network Rail’s corporate communications strategy.
- Lead activities in responding to key legislative proposals, government consultations, and other strategic political consultations and developments that impact the company.
- Provide a comprehensive contact programme for passenger representatives’ bodies and other national stakeholder groups and provide assistance as appropriate to senior Executives in their interactions with those groups.
- Provide direct management and development of a public affairs manager including carrying out regular 121’s, appraisals, objective setting and performance monitoring.
- Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and visits within agreed financial budgets.
- Analyse, plan and manage, public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
- Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
Your experience will include:
- Substantial experience (5 years +) in public affairs and strategic communications
- High standards of written and spoken communication, including speech writing
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
- Line management experience
Closing Date: 4 December 2020
Applications for contract roles are made through Capita Resourcing, please apply via this link: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/senior-public-affairs-manager/41308088