Date Added: 18 November 2020
: 23 November 2020
Job Title: Communications and Local Campaigns Officer
Working For: Sarah Olney MP (Richmond Park)
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Are you a dynamic and energetic communications expert looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for politics and a desire to create change?
This is a great opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Richmond and Kingston and be a key part of an MP's constituency team.
Sarah Olney is the Member of Parliament for Richmond Park and the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Spokesperson for Business, Transport & the Climate Emergency. Sarah is a committed advocate for liberal values of inclusivity, opportunity and equality.
- Executing response to local issues - acting as the main contact point for local campaign groups and constituents involved in local campaigns
- Management of social media channels
- Writing press releases and building strong relationships with press and community groups
- Developing and delivering multichannel campaigns in response to local and national issues
- Working collaboratively with the constituency team and parliamentary team
- Working collaboratively with Liberal Democrat team
- Managing all correspondence related to local campaigns and comms.
- A passion for politics (but no professional experience in politics is required)
- Alignment to the core values of the Liberal Democrats
- Experience planning and managing social media
- Experience building direct relationships with press and gaining press coverage
- Delivery of successful integrated multi-channel communications campaigns with a focus on PR and social media
- Excellent copywriting skills for press releases, constituent emails and social media posts
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, but also independently manage own responsibilities
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, responding quickly to new events
- Meticulous organisation and attention to detail
- Lives in or has close links to the Richmond Park constituency (London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames or Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames)
- Basic graphic design/ video editing capabilities to create good content
Further Role Details
This role is not based in Westminster, it is based out of the constituency office in Mortlake (East Sheen/Richmond area.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 November 2020
Zoom/Teams interviews w/c November 23. Successful candidate to start immediately.
Please email your cv with cover letter (cover letter as body text of email is ok) and a short writing sample (such as a press release) to Sarah Olney MP at firstname.lastname@example.org