Date Added: 20 November 2020
: 30 November 2020
Job Title: Employed Intern (full time, flexible working considered)
Working For: Yvette Cooper MP (Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford)
Location: Constituency office in Castleford / home based as required
Salary: Paid in line with IPSA payscales
Yvette Cooper is looking for an intern to support the work of her constituency office. You must be well organised and keen to learn in what can be a busy and high pressured working environment. Role will be based in the Castleford / home based as required by Covid guidance.
This is offered as a 6 month contract.
- Learning / assisting in drafting responses to constituents
- Assisting with projects
- Learning/assisting in appropriate research / data analysis
- Administrative support
- Confident and keen to learn in busy and high pressure working environment
- Good organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of the need for political sensitivity
- Good administrative skills and willingness to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of relationship between Parliament and the constituency
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
Virtual interviews will take place in early December with a start date to be agreed with the successful candidate.
Please send a CV and one page letter demonstrating how you meet the job specification and what you would seek to learn during your internship to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7pm on the closing date.