Date Added: 20 November 2020
: 6 December 2020
Job Title: Operations Manager (Maternity cover)
Working For: Common Vision
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
Common Vision is a think tank and social enterprise working to move politics beyond angry, binary debates, and instead unite people around long-term intergenerational goals. Through events, publications and research, we champion public dialogue around social and political issues, and seek to revitalise public diplomacy through encouraging established and new leaders to exchange perspectives and build understanding.
Over the last 5 years, Common Vision has built a strong reputation and enjoyed a growing profile. With ambitious plans to diversify and scale our work further, we are working to strengthen our operations and governance in this key phase of growth.
The Operations Manager role encompasses a range of varied activities that are crucial to the organisation’s growth and sustainability. We are looking for an experienced individual to take on responsibilities relating to:
- Programme management - Overseeing the strategic planning and delivery of multiple projects
- Events support - administration and communication relating to a varied programme of events
- Fundraising and business development – Identifying funding opportunities; cultivating relationships with project partners; approaching commercial and charitable sources; and developing other new business opportunities
- HR and office management - Maintaining relevant software and IT systems; overseeing staff recruitment, onboarding and training; managing office policies and procedures
- Finances – Assisting with project budgets and bookkeeping
- Impact and evaluation – Monitoring and measuring the success of our activities; overseeing project evaluations and impact strategies
We are looking for a proactive, versatile individual who is comfortable working at a fast pace in a start-up environment. You will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant professional experience of some of the above responsibilities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Impeccable administrative and organisational skills
- A keen eye for detail
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
We will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements for the right candidate. This is a temporary maternity cover position for 9 months but with scope for extension.
Closing Date: 6 December 2020
Starting in January 2021.
Please send a CV and covering letter, setting out why you want to work for Common Vision and how your experience and personal qualities match the candidate specification, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title and 'W4MP' in the email subject line.