Date Added: 22 November 2020
: 4 December 2020
Job Title: Communications & Marketing Officer
Working For: International Water Association
Salary: £28,000 - 32,000
About the International Water Association
The International Water Association is a worldwide network for water professionals and corporations, with a membership in the fields of water services, infrastructure engineering and consulting. It connects more than 10,000 experts within the international water sector. IWA is a network structured to promote multi-level collaboration among its diverse membership groups, to share the benefit of knowledge on water science, technology and management worldwide.
The role includes:
1. Thought leadership, content creation and promotion - As part of the Marketing and Communications Strategy, develop a narrative to engage external audiences in IWA key thematic issues and programmatic areas to further position the IWA as a thought leader and global reference point for all those with a professional interest in water and water management.
2. Communications and Marketing for IWA Congresses, Events & Awards - Produce communications and media materials and content for IWA events according to IWA’s enabling, influencer and/or representing functions.
3. Media relations - Contribute to establishing, developing and maintaining media contacts to disseminate IWA’s message together with the team according to IWA’s media calendar and converged media strategy:
Key Selection Criteria
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience with media relations and external communications;
- Experience of developing and delivering communications plans and strategies;
- Good experience of working with executives to deliver messages on target to key audiences;
- Proven track record of producing written and audio-visual communications and marketing content;
- Good understanding of social media and digital interactive networking platforms;
- Good networking skills to identify stories and develop contacts;
- Project management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, appreciation of multi-cultural environment and the ability to gain understanding and cooperation across all areas of the organisation and its members and participants
- 3+ years’ experience in international communications is desirable.
About the role
- Duration: Permanent, with 3 months probationary period
- Duty station: London, UK
- Salary Range: £28,000 - £ 32,000 per annum
- Reporting to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Closing Date: 4 December 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Applications will be considered as they arrive, so applicants may be approached prior to the deadline.
Applicants are asked to submit their CV in English along with a supporting letter of motivation.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: IWA Human Resources Management: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please see: https://iwa-network.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ToR_-Communications-Officer-002.pdf