Date Added: 22 November 2020
: 4 December 2020
Job Title: Caseworker (full time) / (part-time 24 hours)
Working For: Shabana Mahmood MP (Birmingham, Ladywood)
Salary: £21,529 - £31,705 / £21,529 - £31,705 (pro-rata)
Shabana Mahmood MP is seeking to employ two new caseworkers to assist her work on behalf of constituents in Birmingham Ladywood. The successful candidates will be adept at responding to a varied workload as part of a team, from general casework generated by incoming constituent enquiries, to policy casework and campaigns. The successful candidates will be expected to respond to incoming enquiries via telephone and email and progress cases using both their own initiative and with the support of the team. Experience in previous caseworker role or similar is desirable.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages and backgrounds, including those who may speak a second language.
Our office is currently working remotely in line with Public Health England guidance. However, this role is a Birmingham-based role and there is no scope for this role to be based elsewhere. The successful candidates will be required to work in the Birmingham constituency office when public health guidance permits.
Unfortunately, due to a large volume of interest, we will only be able to contact candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for these roles.
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
• Draft responses to constituents
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of The Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 December 2020
Interviews to take place week commencing 14th December 2020 via Zoom with start date to be decided upon appointment.
Please email a CV of no more than two pages to Marcus Bernasconi at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line and either Caseworker (full-time), Caseworker (part-time), or Caseworker (both vacancies) to be considered for either role.