Date Added: 1 December 2020
: 20 January 2021
Job Title: Policy Manager - International Trade
Working For: techUK
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per annum
Digital trade is at the heart of UK’s growth agenda and techUK plays a key role in working with members and government in driving that agenda.
As Policy Manager for International Trade, you would support techUK members in navigating international markets, including market access and regulatory challenges.
This role would cover both trade policy and trade facilitation issues, to help drive a UK trade policy with digital at its heart and assist the tech sector in taking full advantage of UK’s trade deals. You will be at the core of key debates with Government and Parliament, the wider trade community, as well as international partners.
The role would involve balancing trade policy research and insight with an events agenda focused on the key issues and key markets for the tech sector. techUK runs a number of forums focused on key markets, such as UK-Japan and UK-India. This role will involve coordinating with members, UK government and international partners in preparing these engagements.
You would report into the Head of EU and Trade Policy and be a key part of techUK’s international policy and facilitation work.
You will work with a diverse selection of companies and stakeholders both in the UK and internationally, manage research and develop thought leadership, as well as organise international engagement and events.
- Highly motivated with a positive, can do attitude.
- A team player who is comfortable working with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate it effectively.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of UK policy and political landscape.
- Good grasp of the workings of Whitehall.
- Experience in public policy, public affairs, regulatory affairs and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in coordinating events, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interest in technology and innovation, current affairs and international relations.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of trade policy issues and key international markets for the UK tech sector
- Experience working in or with the technology sector.
Closing Date: 20 January 2021
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
A full version of the job role can be found on our website. This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a short cover letter (max 500 words) outlining your interest in this role along with your salary expectations to email@example.com.