Date Added: 10 December 2020
: 15 January 2021
Job Title: Policy & Public Affairs Officer
Working For: British Beer & Pub Association
Salary: £27,000-£30,000 dependent on skills and experience
The British Beer & Pub Association, the leading trade association representing the interests of the brewing and pub sectors, is seeking a Policy and Public Affairs Officer to provide efficient support to a very busy Policy and Public Affairs team. Based in our head office in the City of London your duties will include:
• Assisting the BBPA team in policy development and public affairs activity on priority issues
• Working closely with BBPA members to gather information and case studies to showcase the sector’s commitment to environmental leadership and positioning pubs and brewing at the heart of Britain’s hospitality and tourism offer
• Development and updating of BBPA guidance, position papers, briefings and publications
• Preparing briefing material for both industry purposes and for parliamentarians, and ensuring that material is kept up to date
• Collection and collation of supporting information and the evidence-base to underpin the policy positions of the Association
• Drafting communications materials on relevant subject areas.
• Coordinating relevant event planning activities
• Administrative support as required to support the various expert member groups and committees.
• Representing the sector at relevant external stakeholder meetings
• Maintaining and updating relevant BBPA website pages
• Work closely with colleagues on policy-related communication to members and external stakeholders
• Be willing to undertake other duties on occasions when such duties are necessary to maintain efficient operation of the Association’s business
You will need to be a highly literate, experienced graduate with well-developed written and verbal communication skills with an understanding of and keen interest in policy development.
Full details available at:
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position and would be suited to the role to Josh Green:
Applications from short-listed candidates only will be contacted.