Justice and Care is a charity dedicated to saving lives and breaking the grip of slavery. We rescue victims of slavery and human trafficking, empowering them to rebuild their lives.
We are now looking for a Policy Researcher to join our Modern Slavery Policy Unit and support the delivery of policy reforms that will have a strong effect on modern slavery in this country for a two year fixed-term contract.
- Private healthcare
- Support a ground-breaking charity that is restoring lives
As a Policy Researcher, you will be tasked with building on the findings and recommendations of our recent report “It Still Happens Here: Fighting UK Slavery in the 2020s”.
The report identified significant failures in the way the people who are exploited are looked after and in the way the perpetrators are pursued.
You will help to transform the recommendations of the report into policy reforms. Your aim will be to inform systemic change in modern slavery victim support system, to protect victims better, help their recovery and to see more traffickers brought behind bars.
To be considered as a Policy Researcher, you will need:
- The ability to analyse, understand and synthesise complex information, and to present these findings in a concise and engaging way
- Excellent drafting skills, including the ability to tailor to different audiences
- The ability to communicate well with colleagues and explain complex information simply to internal and external audiences
- A collaborative approach
- A strong appreciation of the need for accuracy, quality control and process control
Other organisations may call this role Research Associate, Policy Advisor, Researcher, Research Assistant, Research Co-ordinator, Research Officer, or Research and Communications Officer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.