Date Added: 15 December 2020
: 15 January 2021
Job Title: Senior Consultant - Situations and Political
Working For: Teneo
Teneo has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Consultant to join our team. The role will be based in our Situations and Political Centre of Excellence (CoE) but will also provide the opportunity to work across other CoEs, including Campaigning, Strategy and Financial.
An overview of our work in the Situations and Political team includes:
We help clients navigate political uncertainty, engage constructively and productively with political stakeholders, and achieve business objectives by shaping a positive (or benign) political, policy and regulatory environment in the UK.
Our work includes advising senior clients on political developments; helping clients to shape and respond to government policy proposals; developing communication strategies that showcase client best practice; supporting clients to communicate their positions to political stakeholders; identifying and tracking risks; commissioning original research on client areas of interest.
Our clients span a cross-section of industries. We’re proud of the brilliant work we do for all of them, as well as having one of the best staff retention rates in the industry.
Skills and experience required:
- At least six years’ experience in a political, policy or communications role
- Extensive experience of public policy and political campaigning, whether in-house, agency, for a political party or in government
- Ability to build and sustain good client relationships
- Experience generating high quality political or communications research and analysis – including recommendations for action - in a useable and engaging way
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, tailoring style of communication to the intended audience
- Appetite to build their own skills and knowledge
- Enthusiasm about creativity and campaigning, including working with and across different disciplines to deliver maximum impact
- Proactively seek and develop new and better ways of delivering client work
- Work well under pressure, problem solving independently of senior team when required
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
Please submit your CV online via https://www.teneo.com/careers/open-positions/?gh_jid=4292079003
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours of submitting your application, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the next stage.