Salary: Grade 6-8 (£27,741 - £40,876 dependant on experience)
Contract: Permanent (will consider secondment and flexible working)
Location: Greater Manchester Combined Authority, Churchgate House, Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6EU
We are looking for an economist or economic researcher to pursue a career with a dynamic, exciting and socially responsible employer. This is a role as a Lead Analyst Researcher within the research team, working on our economic and business portfolio with a team of economists/business analysts.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Provision of timely, accurate and insightful economic analysis to inform Greater Manchester’s immediate response to Covid-19 and the planning of the longer term economic recovery.
• Support in the development of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework, including provision of supporting economic analysis
• Research to support the delivery of Greater Manchester’s Local Industrial Strategy and Brexit response.
• Supporting development of our economic forecasts and dissemination of briefings on a wide range of economic and business themes including: business demography, trade and investment, innovation, sector trends and business support.
• Supporting policy making more broadly across a range of areas: Business and Economy, Housing and Planning, Skills and Employment and Digital.
You will have considerable experience of working with economic and business datasets and intelligence to inform policymaking. It is essential that candidates have good knowledge of current debates on the economy nationally and locally including productivity and inclusive growth.
You will be committed to delivering public value and working with integrity. You will have strong communication skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
You will have a keen interest in economy and business research and policy making and highly desirable is an understanding of governance and policy at a Greater Manchester and Local Authority level.