Help produce conferences on key policy issues in Scotland and Wales that help move forward thinking for legislators, government and regulators.
Our policy conferences:
• Currently taking place as full online conferences;
• Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial; and
• Important occasions for policymakers in government, parliament as well as those working in the related sectors, professional organisations, businesses, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues.
• Demanding but very rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and growing, but with a strong ethical heart;
• Part of a small busy team working on all aspects of event production;
• Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, emerging trends, possible speakers and contacts;
• Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars;
• Liaising with speakers and chairs; and
• Contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars.
What we’re looking for:
• Solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism or public affairs;
• We will also consider bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook;
• Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions;
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills - and quick to learn;
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality); and
• Clear, stylish accurate writing;
• Knowledge of policy in at least one of Scotland and Wales.
• WFP is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy, growing consistently for more than 15 years;
• Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and interest groups;
• Based in our head office in Bracknell, with convenient rail and road links, and occasionally at conference locations;
• Plenty of opportunities for career progression