Date Added: 22 December 2020
: 31 January 2021
Job Title: Head of Public Affairs (Updated Role Profile)
Working For: techUK
techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. the trade body for the tech sector, representing 800+ employers across the sector ranging from FTSE 100 companies too SME’s, who make up more than 60% of the membership.
techUK is looking for a dynamic and committed policy professional with a background in public affairs to join a small team focused on UK tech policy issues. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an intellectually stimulating, fast-paced and creative environment that addresses some of the most important policy issues of our age.
As Head of Public Affairs, you will build and maintain relationships with techUK’s key public affairs audiences to enhance our influence, reputation and profile in Whitehall, Westminster and across the devolved administrations and regions.
- You will support the Chief Executive and senior leadership team to engage effectively with senior policy makers.
- Lead techUK’s political intelligence-gathering, informing our strategic decisions.
- Work closely with techUK programme, policy and communications teams to manage and implement an effective contact programme, ensuring in-house CRM is used effectively.
- You will represent techUK at key stakeholder events, forums and conferences.
- Support techUK staff and members to build and maintain their own relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of UK policy and political landscape, particularly from a business perspective.
- Proven experience in public policy, public affairs and stakeholder engagement with a track record of successfully engaging contacts to meet objectives
- Experience in public policy, public affairs, regulatory affairs and stakeholder engagement
- Strong interest in technology, innovation and current affairs
- Broad understanding of the technology industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. A full version of the job description can be found on our website.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a short cover letter (max 500 words) outlining your interest in this role along with your salary expectations to email@example.com
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Deputy CEO, based at techUK’s London offices.