Date Added: 22 December 2020
: 22 January 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant - Campaigns & Communications
Working For: Gareth Davies MP (Grantham and Stamford)
Location: Bourne, Lincs or Westminster
Salary: In line with IPSA pay sales
Gareth Davies MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant who will primarily be focused on campaigns and communications activity. The successful candidate needs to be a self-starter with a keen interest in politics. They will be able to exercise good political judgement and be able to use their own initiative to start new, and add to, existing projects. Would suit an early career candidate. Given the current situation, a large degree of home working will be necessary.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Planning and organising local campaigns and events
• Coordinate social media output and manage overall communications strategy
• Writing and distributing press releases
• Maintenance of the MP’s website
• Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Liaising with various councillors, agencies, organisations and stakeholders
• General office admin and support
• Assisting with policy responses, casework and responding to general constituency enquiries
• Attend events with the MP in London or the constituency
• Sympathetic with the values of the Conservative Party
• Very strong communication and writing skills are essential, and will be tested at the interview stage.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a heavy workload.
• An excellent knowledge of British politics and current affairs.
• Personal initiative and a proactive work ethic.
• Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
• The ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality.
• Strong IT skills, especially Word and Excel, as well as MailChimp.
• Thorough understanding and experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
An appointment may be made prior to the closing date.
Please send a short personal statement setting out why you are suitable and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for interview will be notified.