Date Added: 22 December 2020
: 20 January 2021
Job Title: Business Manager to the Chief Executive and Chair
Working For: St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Charity Number: n/a
Salary: £52,643 - £58,558 pa
We are looking for a confident and highly capable Business Manager to support the Chief Executive and Chair of one of the largest NHS hospitals in London.
The role offers an opportunity to work closely with senior NHS leaders at a time of unprecedented challenge for our health service – helping the organisation to deliver outstanding care for our patients, and driving forward our strategy.
You will work with a wide range of local and national stakeholders, including local MPs, local authorities, NHS England and Improvement, the CQC and others to help deliver our priorities. Political astuteness and the ability to get to grips quickly and effectively with a complex stakeholder landscape are key. So too is organisational ability. You’ll be a key figure in coordinating work across the Executive team and supporting the CEO and Chair in meetings internally and externally.
You will lead a small team supporting the CEO and Chair and will have significant responsibility and autonomy.
You’ll have a passion for the values and principles of the NHS, an interest in the politics of healthcare, a commitment to outstanding care, and bring energy and drive to the role.
- Ensure the CEO and Chair are fully prepared and briefed prior to attendance at internal and external meetings
- Prepare high quality presentations and reports for the CEO for internal and external meetings
- Commission and draft reports for the CEO, Chair and Board of Directors
- Liaise extensively with external stakeholders
- Prioritise incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO and Chair
- Work closely with the communications team in planning and ensuring timely review of CEO’s internal communications
Skills and experience:
- Educated to master’s degree level, or an academic qualification equivalent or equivalent diploma or certificate/equivalent experience
- Well developed communication and influencing skills
- Highly collaborative approach with the ability to build strong internal relationships
- Ability to assess, analyse, synthesise and act upon complex information
- Ability to cope with rapid and sustained change and competing demands, managing priorities within tight deadlines, and excellent workload prioritisation skills
- Experience of working in a large and complex organisation in a similar role
Closing Date: 20 January 2021
Interviews will take place in w/c 25 January and w/c 1 February 2021.
Start date is dependent on candidate availability - but we are keen for the successful candidate to be able to start as soon as possible (subject to all necessary pre-employment checks being satisfactorily completed).
Please submit your application via the NHS Jobs website: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916319531
29 December: closing date extended to 20 Jan 2021