Date Added: 23 December 2020
: 22 January 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rob Butler MP (Aylesbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Rob Butler, Conservative Member of Parliament for Aylesbury, is looking to appoint a full-time Caseworker. This is an important role which can deliver concrete help to local residents, and could involve assisting with benefit claims, access to healthcare, visa applications, housing problems or social services issues.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to evidence both strong organisational ability and initiative. This is a public-facing role and candidates must be able to exercise resilience, discretion and empathy in order to assist constituents with a wide range of different needs and at times of stress.
This job will be based in the Aylesbury office, but in the short term is likely to be remote due to government guidance on home working during the coronavirus pandemic.
• Take initial action on queries from members of the public (by ‘phone, email and letter), including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate
• Gather relevant information to progress cases
• Liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector, and others to resolve constituency matters
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the GDPR
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Provide briefings for the MP, including data on casework enquiries
• Respond to mass email campaigns
• General office administrative tasks
• Assisting Rob and members of staff with other parliamentary duties as and when required
• Clear and concise writing style and strong oral communication skills
• Ability to manage a high and varied workload under pressure
• Demonstrable initiative
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
• Confident to speak with key senior local stakeholders
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• A background in customer service
• Understanding of the role of an MP, and of various Government departments
• Previous experience of working in Parliament and handling casework
• Experience using Casework Management Systems
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Interviews will commence shortly after the 11 Jan 2020; the start date is subject to successful references and completion of MSVO checks.
A CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com