Date Added: 28 December 2020
: 25 January 2021
Job Title: Public Affairs and Communications Manager
Working For: The Muslim Council of Britain
Salary: Circa £32,000 - £36,000
As Public Affair & Communications Manager you will play a leading role in influencing the communications, developing advocacy and public affairs strategies on the topic of Islamophobia, on behalf of the Muslim Council of Britain.
You will identify opportunities for lobbying, provide strategic political insight and
ensure systematic monitoring, analysis and dissemination of political intelligence, feeding positively and constructively into government policy and political strategies.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have detailed awareness and understanding of the key issues related to Muslim communities at a national level, in particular in relation to Islamophobia
- be an experienced and excellent communicator and able to produce clear, concise and persuasive written copy, presenting complex information, in particular in relation to Islamophobia, to a range of target audiences
- have a track record in developing and delivering flexible and innovative lobbying strategies
- be able to monitor political environment and feedback timely information to all relevant internal staff, identifying opportunities and drafting responses to parliamentary, government and other consultations.
- be highly driven and self-motivated, able to prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- have the ability to build strategic relationships, manage and work within networks with a range of stakeholders including politicians, relevant parliamentary groupings, think tanks, academics and NGOs.
- be experienced in managing a team and carrying out all necessary line management activities in line with HR practices.
- have a direct history of engagement within Muslim communities
- have background in Public Affairs or Communications
This role is fixed term for 12 months initially.
Closing Date: 25 January 2021
Start date: Immediately
Full Job Description available from:
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org