Date Added: 30 December 2020
: 15 January 2021
Job Title: Caseworker. Fixed Term to 31 March 2021
Working For: Chi Onwurah MP (Newcastle Central)
Salary: £21,529- £24,000
Chi Onwurah MP has a vacancy for a caseworker/admin officer. The most important factor is a willingness to learn and work together with the senior caseworker. Training will be provided
(Currently to March 31st 2021, potential for extension dependent on IPSA funding)
The successful candidate will be well-organised with excellent IT and communication skills and attention to detail. Ideally s/he will have some knowledge of welfare benefits and public services including Universal Credit and experience of managing casework, confidential and sensitive information; and of drafting complex letters.
Experience of a similar role and CaseworkerMP would be beneficial. A good understanding of the political environment is advantageous, and a knowledge of local issues in the constituency is desirable. The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm to play a key role in a small team supporting Chi in her constituency work.
Provide advice and support to constituents on a range of financial, health, housing and other issues variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
- Deal with queries by phone/in person, taking appropriate action to resolve, by gathering information or evidence; then document or escalate their concerns or enquiries in order to progress or close the case.
- Manage own caseload and progress of casework, prioritising, logging and updating any actions taken and following up any outstanding queries; with urgent cases reported to the Member.
- Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
- Ensure records are kept adhering to the Data Protection Act principles Undertake general administrative tasks.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above.
- Attending surgeries and meetings as appropriate.
Chi values inclusivity and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
Closing time for applications 5pm.
Interviews scheduled via zoom Monday 18th January 2021
Start date Monday 25th January 2021
Please send an email with the subject line "Caseworker application - YOURNAME" to Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a CV, a covering letter and a report (max 2 sides A4) which presents a complex situation you have dealt with.
Contact 0191 233 5838