Date Added: 31 December 2020
: 14 January 2021
Job Title: Senior Research Officer
Working For: Nursing and Midwifery Council
Salary: £34,894 - £42,664 per annum
Our vision is safe, effective and kind nursing and midwifery that improves everyone’s health and wellbeing. As the professional regulator of more than 710,000+ nursing and midwifery professionals, we have an important role to play in making this a reality.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research officer to join our Policy and Research team, reporting to our Head of Research and Evidence
The senior research officer will use their established research methodology skills in the development of an evidence base for our regulatory functions and to support our strategic aims through the design, implementation and management of a range of research, evaluation and consultation activities. The post holder will work collaboratively with colleagues within the team and more widely in developing a culture of inquiry and improving individual and organisational capability.
Essential skills and experience
Strong knowledge and experience in one, or more, of these areas -
- Applied statistics and data analysis and fluent use of at least one statistical software package (such as SPSS);
- Developing survey questions, focus group and interview guides, and leading on the analysis of qualitative data;
- Evaluating policies, programmes and initiatives at different levels including process and impact evaluations
- Undertaking systematic literature searches and reviews, identifying relevant evidence, appraising its quality, and summarising the body of existing work to others in a clear and coherent way
Additional skills and abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise and impartial briefing material and reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of building and maintaining networks, and communicating effectively, with internal and external stakeholders and partners to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and within an organisation
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, setting realistic targets and prioritising effectively between competing priorities to ensure that changing short, medium and long-term demands and deadlines are met.
Closing Date: 14 January 2021
Interview date: 26th-27th January 2021
Advert closing 14th January 2021 23:59
For more information about the role please read the job description and the person specification.
Please follow this link https://careers.nmc.org.uk/nmcouncil/search/vacancy/all/1/3990118/senior%20research%20officer%20%20london%20england.html?keywords=, where you will be taken through our application process, where you will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.