Date Added: 31 December 2020
: 15 January 2021
Job Title: Operations Manager
Working For: Public First
Salary: We pay competitively
Public First helps organisations change public policy, shape the wider debate and better understand public opinion. Our recent projects have included helping:
- Google quantify their economic and social impact in over 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East and North America
- universities such as the University of Nottingham better understand the impact of their local spend, research and teaching
- the Zero Carbon Commission understand the impact of a uniform carbon price
We take an analytical approach to research, deploying economic modelling, data analysis, behavioural psychology and opinion research to shape effective policy, strategy and deliver communications with impact. We work with some of the leading organisations in the world on topics including tech, climate change, Industrial Strategy and education.
We are currently looking to expand our growing data analysis team with a new Operations Manager. As part of this team, you will help:
- work with our policy and data teams to project manage and help complex research projects
- help develop new systems and improving the overall running of the team
- undertake background research and writing support for individual projects
- provide administrative assistance for Public First as a whole
The right candidate will have:
- Strong attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Interest in creating, iterating and managing systems
- The ability to rapidly learn and self-develop
- Demonstrated interest in policy issues
Also desirable would be:
- Experience with project managing other complex projects
- Experience engaging with and managing stakeholders
- Experience with writing for a public audience
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with WordPress, or other content management systems
The position is a full-time role. We are usually based out of central London, but are currently working remotely – and happy to consider this long term for the right candidate. We pay competitively
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
The role will start in February 2021, and we intend to interview throughout January.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th January.
This application will involve a short test prior to interview which should not take longer than three hours.
We pride ourselves on welcoming people from a range of backgrounds and with a mix of political opinions.
All tests will be judged on an anonymised basis.