Date Added: 7 January 2021
: 31 January 2021
Job Title: Fundraising Campaigner
Working For: WeMove Europe SCE mBH
Location: anywhere in Europe, Internet
Salary: €44,000 - €55,000
We are looking for a digital fundraiser to grow our income and help us win campaigns. Digital fundraising continues to be a priority for us, and has seen a promising increase from when the organisation sent its first online fundraising appeal in 2015. We are is member funded, meaning we do not accept money from corporations or governments, and rely mostly on individual contributions to fund our work and today 72% of our income comes from small individual donations.
You will work with the Campaigns Director and sit at the intersection of campaigning and fundraising. We consider funding from our community to be a campaign action like any other and we want to build it up to support excellent campaigns. You will be responsible for raising donations from members, focusing on the key details that are essential to any great donor stewardship, acquisition, and retention strategies in a digital organisation.
Your tasks will include:
80% of the role will be focused on digital fundraising from WeMove Europe members and will include:
- Writing compelling emails that inspire our members to donate or take action.
- Coordinating with Senior Campaigners on the most strategic tactics to win campaigns and build our movement;
- Work directly with the fundraising team to achieve strategic objectives;
- Make sure we are updating our best-practices to reflect global (and regional) trends in digital fundraising;
- Ensuring our donation pages are optimised, maintained, and updated on a permanent rolling basis
- Working closely with our Senior Tech staff to identify key user journeys, any weaknesses, and proceed with optimisation
- Support our team and work with contractors, including project management.
- Optimising user journeys so that conversion from prospect to donor is constantly improved
- 20% of the role will be focused on supporting the Executive Director in Foundation Fundraising and will include:
- Seeking out common cause with progressive foundations whose values, mission and vision align with ours
- Pitching our projects and presenting our organisation to those targeted donors
- Writing and editing proposals for funding
- Working in close cooperation with Finance team for budget set-up and financial reporting to funders
- Supporting campaigners with accountability / follow up and reporting to donors
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
- An online exercise for up to 10 chosen candidates in the first two weeks of February
- A job interview online for those scoring best in the exercise in the week after exercises are completed
- Ideal start time is as early as possible
Please send an application in English latest by midnight (CET) on the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of the job title in the email subject (max. 10 MB).
motivation letter (as PDF) including mention of your experience with voluntary political activism, and provide contacts (name, function, e-mail, phone no) for 3 references.
CV (as PDF), including your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.